When you join Hamilton Caster, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. With a 116-year legacy of quality, innovation and family ownership/management, your impact will span the nation. We roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen.
At Hamilton Caster’s new State-of-the-Art climate-controlled manufacturing facility, we provide world class manufacturers with superior material handling products that enable our customers to build their products better – fighter jets, aircraft carriers, automobiles, and bulldozers to name just a few. Without a dedicated workforce, Hamilton Caster could not effectively meet our customers’ needs. Join us!
As an Inside Technical Sales Representative in Hamilton’s new bright, clean, and air-conditioned facility that opened in the Summer of 2021, you will be responsible for responding to customer needs, providing timely product information including product specifications, pricing, delivery time and other critical customer needs. You will work closely with engineering, purchasing and operation departments. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, is mechanically inclined and has excellent organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded.
- Communicate with customers on the telephone displaying a cheerful/positive demeanor.
- Be solutions oriented.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize effectively various software applications including: the company’s ERP & CRM systems, and competent with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Hamilton Caster’s vast product line.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Hamilton Caster’s pricing/discount structure.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately cost standard and special caster/wheel products and furnish a proper formal written proposal.
- Work with aerospace & automotive design engineers to recommend specific products.
- Leverage your technical & mechanical aptitude to understand the customer’s application.
- Other duties as assigned to support the business.
- Demonstrate the company’s core values of integrity, continuous improvement, accountability, respect, and empowerment.
- Degree in business, marketing, engineering, or a related field.
- Three to five years of technical sales experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect & analyze data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Must possess high ethical standards and the ability to work within our Company’s Code of Ethics and Business Policies.
- Excellent verbal & written communicator; cheerful/positive demeanor with both internal and external customers.
- Able to construct well-written correspondence with clients and peers that can be technical in nature.
- Results focused, competitive, and self-motivated.
- Proficiency with various Computer programs (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of numerical, technical, and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity.
- Positive energy and attitude.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a team environment, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Well organized and strong verbal communication skills
Our goal at Hamilton Caster is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. At Hamilton Caster, we value your performance, so we offer mid-year and end-of-year bonuses plus a total rewards package that provides medical, dental, RX, paid life insurance, and 401K benefits.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).