As a production worker, you will assemble wheels, casters, brakes and sub-assemblies based upon work orders, factory orders, and CAD drawings. The ideal candidate has a high mechanical aptitude.
Caster Assembly is one of the entry-level positions at Hamilton Caster. Other opportunities such as Shipping & Receiving, Welding/Fabricating, CNC operators and CNC Programmer/Operators with increased pay will become available to qualified candidates. We are looking for individuals who have the desire and ability to move into higher skilled jobs.
Overtime is paid daily after 8 hours of work Monday through Friday and the entire shift on Saturday. Overtime is paid at 1 1/2 times the hourly rate. Closed on Sundays.
- Ability to assemble wheels, casters, brakes and sub-assemblies based upon work orders, factory orders, blueprints or CAD drawings
- Pull and deliver parts from stock warehouse to assembly
- Store materials/parts safely and performs general housekeeping duties
- Usage of powered/manual hand tool and fine motor skills required
- Stand for a minimum of 8-hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Proficient working with computers for information lookup and data entry
- Previous shipping experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment, with a good work ethic and good attendance
- Ability to work overtime (extended weekdays and weekends) to support production demands
- Drug testing and background check will be administered prior to hiring
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
- Climb on equipment, machines, ladders and various step stools
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees and work in tight spaces
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures and all-weather conditions
- Noise levels of 90db or greater
- Lift up to 50 lbs. max.
- Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
- Use of fine motor skills
- Use of hand tools
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, cut/heat resistant sleeves, etc.
- Top candidates will also have experience MIG welding, ability to read blueprints and ability to work safely and wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Pay range depending on experience: $21.50- 22.84 per hour
- Following a phone interview, a hands-on weld test may be scheduled
- Shift: 1st Full Time
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00am- 3:30pm
Hamilton Caster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.